- Find the job that's right for you
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- From the U.S. Department of Labor
Study Guides for State Civil Service Exams: A Manual for Public and
- From the Louisiana State Library
- JobHunt: On-Line Job
- An annotated directory of on-line job search resources and services.
- Louisiana Licensing Guide
- The Guide provides information about occupations that are regulated by state boards,
commissions, and agencies; it also provides insight into career decision making for students, counselors,
- Occupational Outlook
- Standard tool for career planning offers job descriptions,
educational requirements, salaries, and future employment outlook for
- Sample resumes, links to resume resources, etc.--from JobSmart.
- "Salary.com is the leader in online compensation information for individuals, business managers
and human resource professionals."
Service Test Questions
- From the Louisiana Civil Service Department.
- Writing the Curriculum Vitae
- From Purdue University's Online Writing Lab
Local Job Sources
LOOK HERE FIRST
National Job Sources
You can also do localized searches on many of the National Job
Search web sites listed below
- America's Job Bank
- Information on approximately 250,000 jobs. Funded through
Unemployment Insurance taxes, this service links the 1,800 state
Employment Service offices. The job openings come from all over the
country and represent all types of work, from professional and technical
to blue collar, from management to clerical and sales.
- Job ads from more than 30 major newspapers including: Boston Globe,
Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Miami Herald, Minneapolis Star
Tribune, New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, and Washington Post.
More than 400,000 ads posted each month.
- "Access the Internet's largest, freshest, single database of current job
openings—and every job posted comes directly from an individual employer
(either posted directly by them or automatically extracted from their Web
- Excellent site if you're a college student, recent graduate, or
alumnus, and looking for a job. Includes: Jobs: Searchable
database of job postings and Career Planning Resources: which
includes a Career Library and Relocation, International, Minority, and
Disability Resources. From the National Association of Colleges and
Employers (formerly known as the College Placement Council, Inc.)
- More than 50,000 job opportunities, worldwide. You can search by
company name, location, discipline, industry, job title, or combinations
of these. The employer overview gives some background information into
the company selected, the products and services, and employee benefits.
They also have a large database of information for the job seeker and
- A helpful tool for people who are thinking about
relocating. Just enter your current salary (or what you estimate you
would need to live comfortably in your current city) and the salary
calculator will give you the comparable salary for the city to which you
will be relocating.
Back to Subject Links