- Babelfish Translation Service
- Translate a web page or any text that you enter from one language to another.
- Braille Bug
- An introduction to braille from the American Foundation for the Blind
- Dictionary of Chinese
- Among many other things, you can enter English keywords and generate the
corresponding Chinese characters.
- "The fastest, web-based translation service. And it's FREE."
- Hobo Signs & Symbols
- A neat guide to the chalk symbols that American hobos used to communicate with their
- Translate a web page, a word, a
paragraph, or whatever from English to one of several languages. And more.
- Learn the language of the country that
you are traveling to, consult a translating dictionary, and link to other travel-related web sites.
- The educational dictionary-thesaurus, "designed to emphasize full, supportive usage information
in entries, including example sentences and phrases, and indicators of context and grammar. It
offers extensive crossreferencing, too; for each meaning of a word, lists of synonyms and similar
words are provided, each hyperlinked to its own, precise definition. "
- A "comprehensive and authoritative portal for language and
language-related products and services on the web with more than 1800
dictionaries with more
than 250 languages. "
- Check out Yahoo's Linguistics
and Human Languages Sites
Back to Subject Links