- The Baton Rouge Morning
- A full-text version of Baton Rouge's daily newspaper
- Bayou State Periodical Index
- "An index to Louisiana popular periodicals." The Louisiana Division has paper copies of the earlier
- The full text of the Crescent City's weekly newspaper, plus guides to dining, entertainment,
festivals, tourism information, and "The Best of New Orleans Marketplace."
- Louisiana Life
- The online version of this excellent magazine.
- New Orleans Bee/L'Abeille de la Nouvelle-Orleans
- Images of the complete 1827-1923 run of this important French/English (and some Spanish) newspaper, scanned from the microfilm. From the Jefferson Parish Library.
- New Orleans CityBusiness
- New Orleans' weekly business newspaper.
- New Orleans Magazine
- The online version of this monthly magazine, with archives back to February 1997
- The Times-Picayune
- Not really the Times-Picayune online, but a good dose of the
paper's news with links to more local interest stories. From nola.com.
- Times-Picayune Historical Archive
- Search the Daily/Times-Picayune back to 1837. Note: This is an index only. To retrieve the entire article or to browse specific dates, you must subscribe to the service for a fee.
- The Webindex of the Louisiana Newspaper Project
- A parish and chronological index to over 1,700 extant and currently published Louisiana newspapers dating from 1794, the Moniteur de la Louisiane, (the first newspaper printed in French and published in New Orleans), as well as Times- Picayune, the longest-lived Louisiana newspaper, established in 1837.
National & International:
- American Journalism Review's links, grouped by type of magazine
- The Celebrity Cafe
- "...interviews with exciting and interesting people we feel capture your
- Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers
- This site, from the Library of Congress, allows you to search and view newspaper pages from 1880-1910 and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present. The site provides digitized versions of newspapers from 1880 to 1910 from the following states: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, Texas, Utah, and Virginia. It also allows you to determine the historical newspaper holdings in libraries or institutions across the country. Link here for a list of historical newspapers available in the Louisiana Division of NOPL.
- Editor & Publisher
- Google News Archive Search
- "News archive search provides an easy way to search and explore historical archives. Users can search for events, people or ideas and see how they have been described over time. In addition to searching for the most relevant articles for their query, users can also see a historical overview of the results by browsing an automatically generated timeline."
- Kelley Blue Book
- Find used car values, new car prices, and more good information on
automobile buying & selling.
- The New York Times
- Full-text version of one of the country's most respected newspapers. Registration required, but
- This site allows your to see the front pages of 435 front pages from 47 countries as either an image or a .pdf file and provides a link to the newspaper's website.
- A huge list of newspapers, magazines, radio/tv stations, and other media resources, searchable
- An Internet directory of online newspapers from all over the world. It provides weblinks to 12,000 newspapers worldwide in all languages. Newspapers can be browsed by Region, Country, and Language. You can also find here some brief statistics on the world’s newspaper production. As it stated on the website: "Our mission is to provide you quick and free access to current local and global news, events and information from around the world. This free newspaper directory can help you read the news directly from the source and find sites you didn't know about."
- Provides links to thousands of newspapers worldwide.
- The Internet Directory of Publications
- The Paperboy
- Links to more than 2,600 newspapers worldwide.
Back to Subject Links