Built in 1855 as the Jefferson Parish Courthouse, this historic building at 719 South Carrollton Avenue housed McDonogh 23 Elementary School from 1879 through the early 1950s. Perhaps best known as Benjamin Franklin High School, which called the old courthouse home for many years before moving into new quarters near the lakefront, the structure is now used as an annex for the nearby Lusher Elementary School.
Next image
Back to December thumbnails