Algiers Courthouse, 225 Morgan St.

The courthouse at Algiers Point was built in 1896, after the great fire of 1895, which destroyed the old courthouse and dozens of buildings nearby. Recently renovated, the building is now home to the Second City Court, a branch of the Registrar of Voters office, and the local offices of Council District "C" and the Fifth Municipal District.