The recently paved Wisner Boulevard from Esplanade toward lake, March 30, 1953. This photograph was probably taken to show the area soon to be improved by the Wisner overpass, in the planning stages at this time. Wisner was originally developed by City Park, and improvements to the boulevard were financed by revenue from several oil wells on land willed to the park.

[Photograph by Leon Trice]