This photograph was taken in November 1929 to show off the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board's new giant 14 foot Wood screw pump, the largest ever built. The pump, built in the Dibert, Bancroft and Ross Foundry, was twice as big as any other pump built to that point. This type of pump, patented in 1915 by A. Baldwin Wood, is still used by the Sewerage and Water Board today.