The "Three Sisters." These three Greek Revival buildings on North Rampart
between Bienville and Iberville Streets were designed by the partnership of James H. Dakin and
James Gallier, two of the Crescent City's most important early architects. Built as residences in
1834 they were later taken over for commercial use. All were demolished by 1952 and the site
is now occupied by an automobile service center and its parking lot.
Back to June Thumbnails