CITY OF VICKSBURG

"SW p wh b. Jeffersonville, Ind., by Howard, 1881. 272 x 44.5 x 8.2. Engines, 26's--9 ft. Five boilers, each 44" by 30 ft., four flues. Paddlewheels, 33 ft. dia., with 14 ft. buckets. Owned by the Anchor Line. Sold Apr. 29, 1894 to Columbia Excursion Co., St. Louis. Damaged in tornado at St. Louis in 1896. Sold 1898 to John T. Hardy Sons and Co., New Orleans, which rebuilt her into the CHALMETTE." (C108)