The foot of Carrollton Avenue in 1956, at the site which was once home to the Carrollton Gardens, a four-acre park adjacent to a hotel a livery stable, a pigeonnier, a steamboat landing and a ticket office, all developed by the New Orleans and Carrollton Railroad Co. in the 1830s when the railroad ran its tracks into the new suburb.
Back to November thumbnails