November 17 (p. 10)

During the month of November 1907 the Woman's League was preparing to finalize their purchase of this building at 1115 Prytania Street for use as their club house. Still known as the Twiggs House (and now a condominium development) the structure was then occupied by the New Orleans Public Library as its temporary "Main Library" facility prior to completion of the new building at Lee Circle just a few blocks away.

Next Image
Back to November Images