The Bienville Hotel, 1948. Located on St. Charles Avenue near Lee Circle, the Bienville may well have been frequented by visiting researchers using the collections of the nearby New Orleans Public Library and Howard Library. The structure was later used as an office building by the American Oil Company and is now occupied by Tivoli Place as a residence for elderly New Orleanians. Wands, Inc., the refrigerator company next door to the hotel, was demolished to make way for the approaches to the Mississippi River bridge.
Next image
Back to October thumbnails