Merchants' Exchange
Royal between Canal and Customhouse Streets

"Fronting on Royal-street and Exchange Place, was erected by a joint stock company in the years 1835-6, from the designs and under the superintendence of C. B. Dakin, Esq., architect. Both fronts are of white marble, in a plain and bold style of design. The grand Exchange room is extremely beautiful in plan and designs, and is of the Corinthian order, from the exquisite little monument of Lysicrates, at Athens. The cost of its erection was $100,000."

Next Image
Back to October Images