This building in the Moorish style stood on an entire square of Poydras St. between Camp and
Streets. Although work began on the structure in 1859, it was not completed until after the Civil War. In spite of the
fact that its fronts were built of cast iron (crafted in Holly Springs, Mississippi), the building went up in
flames on April 15, 1897.