City Archives
New Orleans Public Library

Photographs Arranged by Street Names
Wisner Drive Overpass (Page Two)
Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image. Use your browser's back button to return to this page.

Captions taken from the back of photographs


Wisner Drive Overpass
May, 1956
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass construction
March, 1956
Wisner Drive Overpass construction
Attached text: Eighty percent completed: The Wisner Overpass, being constructed with pre-cast, pre-stressed concrete, rises alongside Bayou St. John in Cuty Park. Mayor Morrison said today that plans call for the structure to be opened on July 15. The structure, which has two 24-foot runways, spans the New orleans Terminal Company tracks. It is to have an aluminum rail of open design in order to permit an unobstructed view of the park from the top of the overpass.
March, 1956
Wisner Drive Overpass underpass site
March, 1954
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass dedication
May 27, 1956
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass dedication
May 27, 1956
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass dedication
May 27, 1956
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Wisner Drive Overpass pile driving
July 8, 1955
[Photography by Leon Trice]
Return to Photographs Arranged By Street Names